Kenora Catholic Approves Its 2020 - 2025 Multi-Year Strategic Plan

Kenora Catholic Approves Its 2020 - 2025 Multi-Year Strategic Plan
Posted on 09/18/2019
Kenora Catholic Approves Its 2020 - 2025 Multi-Year Strategic Plan

(Kenora, Tuesday, September 17, 2019) - The Kenora Catholic District School Board is off to a great start to the new school year. The Board officially approved its new 2020 - 2025 Multi-Year Strategic Plan at the September 17th Board Meeting, well ahead of schedule.

The consultation phase saw unprecedented levels of student involvement that influenced the final plan. Of the 511 participants in the classroom visits, face-to-face visioning dinners and the online consultation process, 59 percent were made up of students. The remaining 41 percent were parents, teachers and community members.

Kenora Catholic's new Multi-Year Strategic Plan will focus on three main priorities over the next five years:

  • GROWING student potential.
  • INVESTING in our future.
  • ENGAGING our students and communities.

"Our three priorities, Growing, Investing and Engaging, are a compelling expression of our dedication and love for our students," says Derek Haime, Director of Education. "These three priorities will shape all other plans at Kenora Catholic, and create alignment and focus for the next five years."

"I am proud that our new Strategic Plan reflects a vigorous and inclusive consultation process and truly reflects the thoughts and needs expressed by our students, families and community members," says Teresa Gallik, Chair. "Our new plan will inform decisions made at the Boardroom table and ensure Kenora Catholic is meeting, achieving and even exceeding our goals in Growing, Investing and Engaging."

During the consultation phase, over 1,270 ideas and thoughts were shared, and over 48,000-star ratings were applied to the ideas that finally shaped the Board's new strategic plan. The new 2020 - 2025 Strategic Plan will be implemented in January 2020.

Click here for a PDF copy of the 2020 - 2025 Strategic Plan

Poster for Strategic Plan - 2019

For More Information Please Contact


Trina Henley
Executive Assistant to the Director & Communications Officer
p: 807-468-9851
e: thenley@kcdsb.on.ca

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.